Recent Commercial Posts
How to prepare your Salisbury Maryland business for flooding
With over 40 years of experience, SERVPRO Franchise professionals have restored flood damaged homes and businesses from coast to coast. Here are our SERVPRO approved tips for preparing your business for a flood.
BEFORE THE FLOOD
- Have a qualified professional elevate the furnace, water heater, electric panel if susceptble to flooding
- Install Check valves in sewer traps to prevent flood water from backing up into the drains of your business
- seal walls in basements with waterproofing compounds to avoid Seepage
- arrange to have a free Emergency Ready profile made for your business in advance so if the flood does happen, then you will be able to manage the restoration process remotely
- make sure you have flood insurance, flood insurance takes 30 days to get into affect so it is imperative that you have it long before you need it.
- Document your business. Take quality pictures of vehicles, Computers, inventory and office set up. You'll be glad you have this later.
During the flood:
- Turn off utilities at the main switches, or valves if instructed to do so.
- Disconnect electrical appliances
- Do not touch electrical equipment if you are wet or standing in water
- Do not walk through moving water. Even six inches of moving water can make you fall.
After the Flood
- Listen for news reports to learn if the communities water supply is safe to drink
- Avoid floodwaters. Water may be contaminated by oil, gasoline, or raw sewage. Water may also be electrically charged.
- Stay out of any building if it is surrounded by flood waters
- return to the business only when authorities indicate it is safe
ABOUT SERVPRO OF THE LOWER SHORE
SERVPRO of the Lower Shore are the flood clean up experts in the Eastern Shore area. IF a flood strikes your business, give SERVPRO of the Lower Shore a call, even minor floods have the potential to cause major damage to a structure when not treated quickly and properly and the clean up is often and overwhelming task. The SERVPRO team at SERVPRO of the Lower Shore is prepared to handle any size disaster and help make it like it never even happened.
Lower Shore Commercial Property Owners/Managers
SERVPRO of the Lower Shore specializes in commercial clean ups. There's never a convenient time for fire or water damage to strike your Wicomico, Somerset or Worcester commercial property. Every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So when the need arises for professional cleaning or emergency restoration services we have the training and expertise to respond promptly with highly trained technicians to get your property back to business. Learn more about our commercial services:
- Commercial Water Damage Restoration
- Commercial Fire Damage Restoration
- Commercial Clean Up
Cleaning and restoring commercial properties require a unique blend of training, experience, and equipment. SERVPRO of The Lower Shore has the resources and expertise to give you excellent results while minimizing the disruption to your clients. We can help make it “Like it never even happened.”
- Small Office Buildings
- Large Office/High-Rise Office Buildings
- Apartment Buildings
- Small Retail Stores
- Large Retail/Big-Box Stores
- High-Rise Residential
- Manufacturing & Industrial
If You Have Questions or Need Help, Please Call Us At - (410)749-2221
The Different Cause of Commerical Water Damages
Local Commerical Water Damage in Salisbury Maryland due to backed up water lines in the City.
Commercial The Different Causes of Commercial Water Damage
If Water Damages Your Work Place in Salisbury, Call SERVPRO
Work Place Water Damage is Restored by SERVPRO
When business owners visualize water damage, they often picture a massive storm wiping out power lines, flooding offices, and shutting down businesses for days at a time. It is true that commercial water damage is often the result of floods and water that stems from weather events and storms.
However, many entrepreneurs and business space renters forget that storms and severe weather aren't the only causes of floods and water damage. Commercial water damage in Eagle Rock is surprisingly common year-round, and it can drastically affect the operation of your business. Here are some of the typical causes of water damage to commercial buildings.
1. Malfunctioning sprinkler systems
Some older office and retail buildings still have outdated sprinkler systems that work in conjunction with fire protection systems. While such sprinklers can come in handy during a fire emergency, they can also cause commercial flood damage if they are faulty or in need of replacement. This could easily damage inventory and business assets.
2. Damaged appliances and equipment
This cause of commercial flood damage is more common in restaurants and catering facilities, as well as any business that has appliances and equipment that make use of water. If the appliance fails and sends water across your building, especially during late hours when no one is around, you may come back to work and face a water emergency.
3. Broken pipes and plumbing
Just like in a residence, if the plumbing system in your workplace fails water damage could be the result. If you question the stoutness of your building's
pipes, contact SERVPRO for a thorough inspection and assessment.
4. Backed up sewer lines
This is another cause of commercial water damage that often catches business owners by surprise. Should the sewer line to your building back up or become damaged, realize the potential dangers of contaminated Black Water which can cause health effects and ruin products and office furnishings. SERVPRO has certified AMRT technicians to deal with this type of water damage.
If your business has suffered commercial water damage, SERVPRO of the Lower Shore will get you back up and running again. Call us anytime 24/7 at (410)749-2221 for fast help.
Restoring Your Somerset, Wicomico, and Worchester County Commercial Property After A Water Damage Event
Flooding and water damage events Worchester, Wicomico and Somerset county commercial properties are often complex with numerous issues that require a knowledgeable and flexible response. Whether we’re dealing with a relatively small water cleanup scenario or a large scale event, we work quickly to assess each unique situation and isolate the damaged area. In many instances, normal operations can continue in a temporary space while we restore your facility.
Restoring Commercial Properties Presents Unique Challenges
Our professionals are trained to be mindful of legal and environmental concerns and strive to fully restore the damaged area while working within your budgetary constraints. We understand that every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So when an emergency situation arises in your business, give us a call and we’ll be there fast with the help you need.
About SERVPRO of the Lower Shore
SERVPRO of the Lower Shore specializes in the cleanup and restoration of commercial and residential property after a water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.